Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day and a Spring Carnival

The couple of weeks have been super busy! I spent a whole 2 weeks sewing for my friend who was pregnant with twins. So a big Congratulations to her and her hubby on a beautiful and healthy baby boy and girl which she had on Monday night!!
Mother's Day was fun this year. We had brunch at my Grandma's house where my uncle made delicious omelets and scones! Always a treat! My cousin's little boy Kaiden and Alex had fun playing together, and they are both getting better about sharing and playing together. Brad and I also went to Ikea and bought some storage stuff to organize Alex's room since it has slowly become a pig sty. All in all mother's day was great!
I also spent this week getting ready for Alex's Spring Carnival at his school. I was on the committee this year and was in charge of a couple of booths. Mad science and a game. Mad science was a company hat came out and made bouncy balls with the kids. Lots of fun and there was a pretty good turn out! I also made a booth. A target! It turned out pretty good and got an ok turn out. All in all the Carnival was a success and looking forward to next year as the Co-Chair for the committee!

Alex also started gymnastics a couple of weeks ago. Alex loves running and jumping, which is good for my sanity. He is also the little instigator. He runs off and plays on other equipment and the other kids follow him. So he get put in time out because he doesn't listen. Little Stinker!

And Last Thursday was Brad and I's 4th Anniversary. We spent the evening at our favortie resturant and took a little drive. It was a laid back night but still very enjoyable to be kid free for a few hours. So Happy Anniversary to my awesome Hubby!

Alex and Devin in their camping chairs from "Uncle Dan"

Alex going down the slide at the Carnival

My Bullseye Both

 Alex At Gymnastics

 Jumping into the foam pit. His favorite thing!


3 comments:

Jake and Kim said...

Man you're busy! Sounds fun though. Alex is getting so big I cannot believe it. Kids are so fun, I look forward to when Austin is in preschool and especially kindergarten. Happy 4th to you guys!

Brittani said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy. Love the target, I am sure you made it and it turned out DARLING. Also love the pics of Alex doing gymnastics...gotta love the foam pit, that is my favorite!

Ashley King said...

Glad to hear the twins finally arrived! Does that make me next? Eek! Anyway, hope things mellow out for you for a little bit, being crazy busy is exhausting! And happy 4th to you & Brad!