Sunday, May 1, 2011

Has it been that long Already?

9 months since Devin was born!
We are loving every minute with her! Alex loves having someone to play with and Devin loves to play and laugh with Alex.

Some notable things Devin is doing this month

  • Crawling: Although she has been crawling for 2 months now, she is super fast. It's getting hard to change her diaper, in about 2 seconds she's off. Not to mention I really have to keep an eye on her now that she crawls all over the house.
  • Cruising: She has started cruising around the coffee table and anything else she has a good grip on. She'll go back and forth between the couch and table. She can also pull herself up on about anything.
  • Finger foods: She has been eating those for awhile but has branched out the little bite of everything from bread to tiny pieces of chicken. Her favorites are cheerios and yogurt bites.
  • Waving: She LOVES to wave. She waves over and over and over again. Either bye or hello! Sometimes she'll do it with both hands, which is hilarious.
  • Swaddle: I finally broke her of her swaddle. Yep I was still using her miracle blanket. She was just so content to be wrapped up and laid down, usually asleep in just a couple minutes. She actually wasn't breaking out to often either, unlike Alex. For nap time one day she fell asleep in her car seat and I was able to transfer her to the crib without waking her up so I decided not to wrap her up to keep her asleep and she took a great nap and that night I just laid her down and she went right to sleep. So we are currently day 5 without the miracle blanket. 
  • Sleeping: She was sleeping 11-12 hours a night, but the last 3 weeks she has been getting up in the middle to eat. I think she might be going through a growth spurt. Sure hope she is done soon. I do not like getting up.




Devin waving with both hands. 

Devin drinking her bottle.


Papa Alex and Devin before my parents left for Oregon

Nanny, Alex and Devin

One day Devin found her wipes. Good thing I had just put in a new package. Yes her hair is pretty much crazy like that all the time.

Devin in her new/old walker. (Alex's never really liked it)

On Easter, Devin loved playing on the playset

She loves the slide. Too Bad you can't see the giant grin on her face.

Devin and Nana @ Fat Cats Bowling

Alex and Brad Bowling

Alex & "Uncle Dan", as Alex likes to call him.

This was about a month ago

And the Random Alex moment
He is hanging on the steering wheel in my car. His feet are on the steering wheel. He was playing in there while Brad and I were moving stuff from the garage and looked out the window to find him doing this! 

4 comments:

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

I can't believe she is 9 months, she is getting so big. I always like reading your blog because I feel like I am reading what I am in store for...ha ha ha! That walker is hillarious!

Ashley King said...

She is getting too big!! So sad! I loved her crazy waving on Friday, so cute :)

Jake and Kim said...

She is crazy, already a professional crawler, and cruising around!! I love this age, babies are so fun when they can move and play!

The Richards said...

Isn't it so much harder to wake up in the middle of the night when you haven't had to do it for a while?
I love the picture of her drinking her bottle with her little feet sticking up in the air. And I also love her hair when it looks crazy... so cute!