Thursday, April 28, 2011

Turtles, Spiders, Snakes, Oh My! Birthdays & Spring!

Wow, I have been completely slacking in the blogging area. It's a matter of uploading my pictures from my camera. Which I hate doing, thus the 3 week lag in posting.
So here is the last 3 weeks! So this will probably be long.

April 9, 2011, My cousin's little boy's birthday at Jungle Jim's
Alex had a blast riding rides, playing games and eating cake. He had a hard time while Kaiden was opening his presents, but Alex did pretty well and kept his composure, not freaking out too much.
Alex on the rocket ships

The Jeeps, he rode this like 5 times

Alex and I on the roller coaster. Made me nauseous!

April 14th, 2011: Shed Day!
We got a shed! Alex loves playing in it. We can finally get some of our junk organized. Sadly Brad's bike will no longer have a room of it's own. My dad and Brad spent an afternoon leveling the space where the shed was going to go. They did a good job!
The leveled space, pre-shed

This was taken only 30 minutes after the guys showed up! Took them about 5 hours total

The finished product


A nice little surprise inside the shed after it was finished

April 16th, 2011: Brody's birthday
No, not Brody our dog. The little boy who lives behind us was turning 3 and Alex got invited to his birthday. (Yes, I wondered if incessantly yelling at our dogs to stop barking if that's where Brody's parents got the idea for his name, but his mom insured me that she didn't know our dog's name was Brody. Although she did tell me she insn't sure where she had heard the name though.)
Alex and Brody will be in the same grade so it's great that they are going to get to be buddies!
It was a reptile themed party, they had a scavenger hunt and even a little reptile show. They had lizards, scorpions, tarantulas, frogs, turtles, and a 16 foot albino boa. All the kids loved it! Alex loved touching all the animals and I tried to stay a good distant from them!
L to R: Alex, Alex, Brody and Bree petting a blue tongued skink. Bree was the fearless little girl wanted to touch and hold everything especially the tarantula!


Alex with the Tree Frog

Alex with the blue tongued skink on his lap. He wanted to take it home

The Albino boa, excuse the picture. It's not very good because I took it on my phone. It was very cool and I even touched it a tiny bit.


April 24th, 2011: Easter Sunday
Alex and Devin had a great Easter. Alex and Devin both found their baskets. And Alex had a blast hunting eggs. We went over to my Grandma's and had a great dinner, and Alex got another basket. 

Alex finding his basket

Devin finding her basket, with Alex's help of course

Devin playing with her gift from the Easter Bunny

Alex opening his stuff from Nana, AkA Easter Bunny

Devin playing with her stuff from Nana

Alex hunting his eggs. Every time he found one he would hold it up and say "Look, I found one!"

Devin watching Alex find eggs.


Alex had so many eggs we had to use a reusable bag. He looked like a mailman, it was hilarious.

Alex and cousin Kaiden opening their baskets at Gigi and Mimi's


Wow! That was long! Took me over an hour to compose this post. Between uploading video and pictures! Now all is up to date! In 2 days, Devin @ 9 months!

4 comments:

The Richards said...

Those are some pretty sweet birthday parties. It's funny how things have changed. The birthday parties I went to consisted of backyard games and cake and ice cream. Haha.

Ashley King said...

I love how Alex "moved" himself and the dogs into the shed (haha!). Especially since he brought his essentials. Devin looks so cute with her little hair clip :) And I had to laugh because Brody is actually one of the names we are considering for our little guy (though sadly not in honor of your dog, lol). But still, if we name him that, you can name your next one Brutus...okay, no maybe not!

Jake and Kim said...

Fun times!! Devin looks so adorable with her hair in a clip!!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Looks like you guys have been busy. Isn't Easter so much more exciting with kids? And I love the video of Alex playing in the Shed, it was too funny that he was just playing away...love it!